Solutions for various Windows tasks and issues:
Bluetooth not found
- Check Device Manager
- Update Windows
- Re-Install vendor driver
- Disable Fast Boot (BIOS)
Enter BIOS settings
Press a specific key on system startup (hold or press repeatedly). Try the following keys:
Solve taskbar Issues
- Open Task Manager, e.g. via Ctrl + Alt + Del.
- Under the Processes-Tab click Windows Explorer (probably near the bottom of the list).
- Click Restart.
Duplicate Explorer Window
To open or duplicate the file explorer window, hit Strg + N.
Easily open files as administrator
- Install an alternative file explorer, e.g. XYplorer, Total Commander, Directory Opus.
- Open it as an administrator, e.g. from the taskbar hold Ctrl + Shift while clicking it.
- Now all files should open with admin privileges from the alternative file explorer.
Create dot-files in Windows
E.g. to create a file called .gitignore:
- When naming the file, also add a dot („.“) at the end of the file name, e.g. „.gitignore.“.
- Click „yes“ in the following prompt.
Windows Explorer keeps crashing and restarting
Usually caused by context menu items of old programs.
- Install the program Shellexview.
- Within Shellexview: Disable Items and test which one causes the computer to crash.
Add a „God Mode“-icon
Just create a folder on your desktop and name it as follows:
Prevent devices from waking the computer
E.g. to prevent a mouse or keyboard from waking the computer:
- Open Device Manager
- Choose a device
- Click the Power Settings tab
- Uncheck the relating box
Remove dead start menu search entry
- Enable background apps, if disabled: Settings > Privacy > Background apps
- Maybe delete Windows.ebd file (safe): %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows
- Restart the machine